Key Campaign Pillars
• Connection with families to address the concern of truancy.
• Finding programs, connections and options for families facing evictions as well as protecting the interests of landlords.
• Court availability expansion during after-hours for those who are not able to come during regular hours.
- Address realistically what is the cause of it and how can we as a community prevent it.
- Possible mentorship programs to encourage the youth to stay active in their education.
- Finding and creating partnerships with tenants for affordable housing and relocation options.
- Work with landlords to create streamlined processes that allow their interests to be protected with an element of compassion.
- Establishing certain days and after hours to accommodate individuals who work and to prevent court case backup and traffic.
- Hearings that are not taking place in Mesquite need to be localized to make things easier on those needed in court.